This subject is designed to provide students with the opportunity to review and consolidate their understanding of the major themes and topics covered throughout the Doctor of Physiotherapy Program and their application to physiotherapy practice. Students will be encouraged to reflect on the adequacy of their preparation for the physiotherapy workforce and will articulate a career plan, employment application and a physiotherapy professional portfolio as part of this process. Future workforce challenges and potential directions for career paths will be discussed throughout this subject. Students will have the opportunity to refine and advance their communication skills by delivering a poster presentation on a topical issue facing the profession of physiotherapy or the physiotherapist’s changing role in the local, national and international health care environments.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Discuss the opportunities available for employment within the field of physiotherapy and the current state of the physiotherapy workforce.
2. Generate a career plan following the reflection of personal and professional strengths and weaknesses and identify professional development opportunities aimed at enhancing career outcomes.
3. Discuss the opportunities for extended scope of practice and specialisation within the physiotherapy field and analyse its impact using current research.
4. Demonstrate professionalism when liaising with peers and health care professionals, reflecting on the importance of developing professional relationships within the health care setting.
5. Analyse the current challenges facing the physiotherapy workforce.
6. Employ effective written and verbal communication skills to create topical discussion amongst peers.
7. Analyse contemporary service models within the physiotherapy field in relation to evidence based practice.
There are no co-requisites.
|Withdraw – Financial?||24/01/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/01/2021|