In this subject you will explore the environments in which people live their lives & experience the world from multiple perspectives. You will adopt an ecological lens to view disability and health. You will explore the physical, sensory, informational, cultural, social, economic and institutional environments in the context of Australian health & social care. Concepts of accessible & useable design, social determinants of health and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander culture will be focus topics within this subject.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Adopt an ecological view of disability & health.
2. Examine the impact of health care systems and legislation on health care.
3. Apply basic skills in accessibility & useability assessment.
4. Demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural environment in which people are situated.
5. Explore Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander culture and your cultural interface.
6. Explore the concept of social determinants of health.
No prior knowledge required