In this subject you will explore the environments in which people live their lives and experience the world from multiple perspectives. You will adopt an ecological lens to view disability and health. You will explore the physical, sensory, informational, cultural, social, economic and institutional environments in the context of Australian health and social care. Concepts of accessible and useable design, social determinants of health and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture will be focus topics within this subject.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Adopt an ecological view of disability and health.
2. Examine the impact of health care systems and legislation on health care.
3. Apply basic skills in accessibility and useability assessment.
4. Demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural environment in which people are situated.
5. Explore Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and your cultural interface.
6. Explore the concept of social determinants of health.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2021|