The neurological system is integrally connected to every function of the human mind & body. In this subject you will develop foundational knowledge in neuroscience. You will discover the neurological bases of movement, sensation, perception, cognition & function. This knowledge will be applied in the context of neurological testing through the development of assessment skills and exploration through case studies.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Review the fundamentals of neuroscience & neurobiology.
2. Examine the fundamentals of neurological development.
3. Describe the neurological bases of movement, sensation, perception, and cognition.
4. Deconstruct the neurological bases of integrative functions of sleep and human sex & sexuality.
5. Apply core standardised neurological assessments used in allied health practice.
6. Interpret neurological assessments in the context of neuroscience.
No prior knowledge required