The neurological system is integrally connected to every function of the human mind and body. In this subject you will develop foundational knowledge in neuroscience. You will discover the neurological bases of movement, sensation, perception, cognition and function. This knowledge will be applied in the context of neurological testing through the development of assessment skills and exploration through case studies.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Review the fundamentals of neuroscience and neurobiology.
2. Examine the fundamentals of neurological development.
3. Describe the neurological bases of movement, sensation, perception, and cognition.
4. Deconstruct the neurological bases of integrative functions of sleep and human sex and sexuality.
5. Apply core standardised neurological assessments used in allied health practice.
6. Interpret neurological assessments in the context of neuroscience.
Please check the subject outline for pre-requisite subjects.