Occupation is human activity that brings meaning and purpose to life. In this subject you will explore the foundations of occupational therapy. You will develop an understanding of occupation, the relationships between occupation and health, and the role of occupational therapy in enabling occupation. You will explore the principles of occupational science and occupational justice. Short practice placement experiences will develop your understanding of the occupational therapy profession.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Examine current concepts in occupation including occupational performance, enablement, participation, and justice.
2. Explain the relationship between human occupation and health.
3. Interpret the transactive and narrative natures of occupation through selected occupational therapy practice models.
4. Apply an occupational lens to understanding health & wellbeing.
5. Describe the history and current practice of occupational therapy.
6. Develop foundational knowledge in occupational science.
No prior knowledge required