This subject is the first of a two-stage research internship program (Nutrition Research Internship A and B) specific to the Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice program. Each internship is equivalent to 30 CP encompassing full-time research work over a minimum of 10 weeks. Part A of the research internship involves students implementing a research plan, managing a nutrition and dietetics research project and coordinating a team under the supervision of a PhD qualified dietitian. Students will work within an environment typical for dietitians in a research role.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Formulate a clear understanding of the nature of a researchable nutrition and dietetics practice problem.
2. Design and apply systematic review methods to a topic relevant to nutrition and dietetics.
3. Plan, collect and manage qualitative and/or quantitative nutrition and dietetics-related data.
4. Document and disseminate progress against a nutrition and dietetics research plan in a professional and scientific forum.
5. Demonstrate ethical practice, leadership and management skills in the implementation of a nutrition and dietetics research project.
There are no co-requisites.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||05/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||26/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/02/2020|
|Standard Offering - On-Campus Delivery Only|
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|