The nutrition and dietetics professional placement internship (PPI) program is distributed across five subjects that collectively meet the professional placement accreditation requirements of the Dietitians Association of Australia. The PPI provides a minimum of 24 weeks professional practice in the fields of Individual Case Management (2 x PPIs), Food Service Management (1 x PPI), Community and Public Health Nutrition (1 x PPI) and an elective setting (1 x PPI). In this PPI, students perform Individual Case Management (ICM) in an acute hospital clinical setting (where at least 2 FTE dietitians are employed) for a minimum five-week, full-time internship under the supervision of Accredited Practising Dietitians (APDs). These APDs, who are affiliated with and supported by Bond University, include Practice Supervisors and a Clinical Educator. On completion of this PPI, students’ progress and attainment of ICM competency is assessed by the Clinical Educator in conjunction with the Practice Supervisors and the Internship Coordinator at Bond University. Students must be assessed as meeting at least 80% of the ICM competencies required in this subject to progress to Professional Placement Internship – Individual Case Management B.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
|Study abroad||Not Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Collect food intake and food systems data
2. Collect health and medical, social, cultural, psychological, economic, personal and environmental data
3. Provide assessment of food intake data
4. Provide assessment of nutritional status
5. Assess and assign priorities to all data
6. Draw justifiable conclusions from all data
7. Translate technical nutrition information into practical advice on food and eating
8. Manage workload and resources to complete tasks within required time frames.
Admission into CC-63041 - Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice AND NUTR71-104 - Clinical Dietetics A AND NUTR71-109 - Clinical Dietetics B (or concurrently)
|Non-Standard Offering - Weeks 2 - 6||Non-Standard Offering - Weeks 7 - 11|