The nutrition and dietetics professional placement internship (PPI) program is distributed across five subjects that collectively meet the professional placement accreditation requirements of the Dietitians Association of Australia. The PPI provides a minimum of 24 weeks professional practice in the fields of Individual Case Management (2 x PPIs), Food Service Management (1 x PPI), Community and Public Health Nutrition (1 x PPI) and an elective setting (1 x PPI). In this PPI, students perform Individual Case Management (ICM) in an acute hospital clinical setting (where at least 2 FTE dietitians are employed) for a minimum five-week, full-time internship under the supervision of Accredited Practising Dietitians (APDs). These APDs, who are affiliated with and supported by Bond University, include Practice Supervisors and a Clinical Educator. On completion of this PPI, students’ progress and attainment of ICM competency is assessed by the Clinical Educator in conjunction with the Practice Supervisors and the Internship Coordinator at Bond University. Students must be assessed as meeting at least 80% of the ICM competencies required in this subject to progress to Professional Placement Internship – Individual Case Management B.
|Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
- May 2020 [Non-Standard Offering - Group A]
- May 2020 [Non-Standard Offering - Group B]
- January 2021 [Non-Standard Offering - Group A]
- January 2021 [Non-Standard Offering - Group B]
- May 2021 [Standard Offering]
- Commencing in 2020: $4,010
- Commencing in 2021: $4,150
1. Collect food intake and food systems data
2. Collect health and medical, social, cultural, psychological, economic, personal and environmental data
3. Provide assessment of food intake data
4. Provide assessment of nutritional status
5. Assess and assign priorities to all data
6. Draw justifiable conclusions from all data
7. Translate technical nutrition information into practical advice on food and eating
8. Manage workload and resources to complete tasks within required time frames.
| Requisites: ? |
There are no co-requisites.
| Restrictions: ? |
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Non-Standard Offering - Group B||Non-Standard Offering - Group A|
|Non-Standard Offering - Group A||Non-Standard Offering - Group B|