This subject focuses on developing graduate competencies relevant to clinical nutrition and dietetic management of major diseases and disorders treated in the contemporary Australian health system. As the first of two dietetics subjects concerned with the management of individuals, this subject will develop students' knowledge, skills and attitudes to form the foundation of safe and effective practice in individual case management.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Undertake screening and assessment to identify and prioritise individuals at nutritional risk.
2. Determine nutritional status using assessment data and make appropriate nutrition diagnoses.
3. Prepare plans for achieving management goals in collaboration with clients or carers and other members of the health care team.
4. Use client-centred counselling skills to facilitate nutrition and lifestyle change and support clients to self-manage.
5. Implement nutrition care plans in collaboration with clients or carers and other members of the health care team.
6. Monitor progress of the individual's condition and care, and adapt the nutrition care plan as necessary.
7. Document and communicate all steps of the nutrition care process.
There are no co-requisites.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
Must be admitted into CC-63040 - Graduate Diploma of Nutrition OR CC-63041 - Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||05/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||26/10/2019|
|Standard Offering - On-Campus Delivery Only|
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|