This subject explores the design of language learning and teaching policies in Australia and globally. The educational policy contexts discussed in this subject include K-12 education in Australia, target languages taught in the countries where they are spoken as the first or additional languages, other models of English and other languages taught outside the school systems. The subject also explores policies on the teaching and learning of Heritage and Indigenous languages. Geographically, the first part of the subject focuses on languages learnt in Australia and the second part examines different curricula and language policies in various parts of the world. The subject equips students with an insight into fascinating and complex matters of language planning, language politics and language policy.
|Faculty of Society & Design|
- May 2021 [Standard Offering]
- May 2022 [Standard Offering - On Campus]
- May 2022 [Non-Standard Offering - On campus]
- May 2022 [Standard Offering - Online]
- May 2023 [Standard Offering]
- May 2023 [Non-Standard Offering]
- Communication and Creative Media
- Current: $2,340
- Commencing in May 2021: $2,430
1. Classify, compare and explain complex issues and processes of language policy in Australia and globally.
2. Individually and in small teams, evaluate and employ relevant knowledge to new contexts in language policy.
3. Formulate a personalised approach to language planning and language policy.
4. Employ the knowledge and skills gained in the subject to becoming a global educator and citizen, ready for the challenges of transformations demonstrated by the world megatrends.
| Requisites: ? |
| Restrictions: ? |
- This subject is not available to students on US Financial Aid.
- Students on a Student Visa may be restricted from enrolment due to the mode of delivery in the chosen semester. Check the subject outline for further details.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Standard Offering - Online|