This subject introduces the principles of teaching languages in diverse contexts. It focuses on the current language teaching methodologies and challenges using different platforms for teaching delivery. Students evaluate the suitability of language teaching methods in diverse educational contexts, considering learner factors such as culture, educational background or learning purposes. The subject is suitable for students who specialise in language-related fields or are interested in language teaching and learning.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Develop a body of knowledge about the principles of language teaching methodology which includes the understanding of principal theories and recent developments in the field;
2. Develop the knowledge of research principles and research methods applicable to the study of teaching languages in diverse educational contexts;
3. Develop cognitive skills to demonstrate the understanding of language teaching methodology and to reflect critically on its theoretical principles; to analyse and synthesise complex concepts related to language teaching approaches and methods and to apply them creatively to a variety of theoretical paradigms and professional teaching contexts;
4. Develop skills enabling learners to initiate independent research in and further learning about approaches and methods in teaching languages in diverse contexts;
5. Develop skills enabling the learners to communicate abstract concepts associated with language teaching principles and their practical applications in diverse professional and non-professional settings.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|
|Standard Offering - Online||Standard Offering - Standard|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021||03/07/2021|