Principles of Contractual Liability is a compulsory subject in the Bachelor of Laws program offered by the Faculty of Law. Students enrolled in this subject will learn about the nature and preconditions of contractual liability. This will include a study of the requirements for the formation of a contract, of the law's approach to terms that comprise a contract, and of the various ways in which a contract might be discharged. Upon completion of the subject, students will be able to demonstrate their understanding of the law relating to contractual liability through their ability to critically analyse and resolve, both orally and in writing, complex problems that involve those aspects of contract law covered in the subject.
|Faculty||Faculty of Law|
|Study abroad||Not Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Demonstrate an advanced and integrated understanding of underlying principles and concepts in contract law.
2. Identify and articulate complex legal issues, and apply legal reasoning to generate appropriate and practical responses to such issues.
3. Demonstrate sophisticated cognitive and creative skills in approaching legal issues and generate appropriate responses.
4. Engage in critical analysis and make reasoned and appropriate choices among alternatives.
5. Communicate views effectively, appropriately and persuasively (whether orally or in writing).
6. Demonstrate the basic skills of contract drafting.
LAWS11-110 - Australian Legal System (may be taken concurrently) AND Admission into LA-40001 Bachelor of Business Law (Ver 1 or 2) OR
LA-40002 Bachelor of Jurisprudence (Ver 1 or 2) OR
LA-40003 Bachelor of Laws OR
BL-11005 or BL-11082 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws OR
BL-11052 or BL-11083 Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws OR
BL-11084 Bachelor of Actuarial Science/Bachelor of Laws OR
CL-61004 Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Laws OR
HL-21005 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws OR
HL-21008 Bachelor of Communication (Business)/Bachelor of Laws OR
HL-21013 Bachelor of Communication/Bachelor of Laws OR
HL-21023 Bachelor of International Relations/Bachelor of Laws OR
HL-21112 Bachelor of Journalism/Bachelor of Laws OR
HL-21133 or HL-21148 Bachelor of Psychological Science/Bachelor of Laws