In this subject, students will work towards the achievement of a minimal proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and an understanding of culturally appropriate behaviour in a number of situations. The emphasis is on achieving operational proficiency and word processing in Japanese.
|Faculty of Society & Design|
- September 2018 [Standard Offering]
- January 2019 [Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
|Available to Study Abroad students|
- Communication and Creative Media
- Commencing in 2018: $4,247
- Commencing in 2019: $4,290
1. master the basic Japanese grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation and show understanding of linguistic and cultural differences between Japanese and their own.
2. critically evaluate, reflect on, integrate and apply semantic and syntactic knowledge of the Japanese language.
3. communicate in Japanese using the four basic skills (speaking, reading, listening and writing) and can word process hiragana and katakana scripts.
JPNL11-100 Japanese 1 is essential and must be taken prior to enrolling in this subject.