This subject outlines the development of the press, film, radio, television and online industries in Australia. Media institutions are examined in their economic, political, regulatory, cultural and professional contexts. There is a special focus on the 'Australianess' of our media and its media products. A range of contemporary issues are explored in relation to the rapid and radical changes taking place both nationally and internationally in the communication and media field.
|Faculty of Society & Design|
- September 2018 [Standard Offering]
- January 2019 [Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
|Available to Study Abroad students|
- Communication and Creative Media
- Commencing in 2018: $4,247
- Commencing in 2019: $4,290
1. Gain a broad knowledge of the Australian media industry including functions, policy and regulation, media literacy and related industries.
2. Under the critical issues facing the modern Australian media.
3. Demonstrate deeper knowledge of a particular problem facing a specified media industry.
No prior knowledge required.