This introductory subject immerses you in fundamental practices of news gathering and presentation for textual, digital and visual news media. You are introduced to news writing conventions through simulated and real-life reporting experiences, with the opportunity to experience work in a real newsroom with practising journalists. You will be grounded in the core journalistic values of truth, fairness and accuracy. These acquired skills are transferable across industries, including those external to traditional communications, to ensure you are a more efficient and effective communicator regardless of career path.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Analyze and evaluate what is news and understand news values.
2. Generate new ways of thinking about how information is gathered and presented.
3. Create reports for print and digital news media.
4. Apply acquired knowledge in real-world situations.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of legal and ethical considerations in news publishing.
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|