This subject is an introduction to the concept and importance of business processes and Business Process Management Systems (BPMS). It also specifically examines popular business process model systems such as Business Process Modelling Notation and their usage in developing and redesigning business process. Related topics such as business process improvement, analytics, business process re-engineering, queueing, simulation, workflows and others are also explored.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Use industry standard modelling techniques (e.g., Business Process Modelling Notation) to describe business processes and workflows.
2. Analyse business processes to identify potential bottlenecks and areas for improvement.
3. Evaluate the impact of queuing on business processes.
4. Demonstrate the use of simulations to evaluate the performance of a proposed business process.
5. Evaluate the connection between business processes and web services.
6. Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a given audience.