Strategic management involves the formulation and implementation of value-generating activities. In this subject, you will learn fundamental aspects of environmental, competitive and internal analysis that will help you understand key determinants of firm success. You will also develop a critical perspective on the significance and interrelated nature of the ‘process’, ‘context’ and ‘content’ of strategy, and the importance of ethical decision-making in determining action and planning implementation. Consideration of an organisation’s strategic outlook and capabilities will help you integrate knowledge from other disciplines and help you develop a comprehensive and holistic understanding of organisational success.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Describe the determinants of strategic management.
2. Analyse a firm’s external environment and internal capabilities.
3. Develop innovative solutions to strategic problems.
4. Formulate a professional, implementable and value-creating strategic plan.
5. Apply ethical decision-making to the pursuit of sustainable competitive advantage.
6. Deliver a clear, professional presentation appropriate for senior managers of an organisation.
No prior knowledge required