This subject studies human resource management for event management. The subject develops competencies in human resource planning, staff selection and recruitment, staff development, volunteer management and international perspectives and diversity. Theory, application, experiential learning and case study examples are used to explore event management from a human resource perspective. Throughout the class students will be working on a live event and each week you will meet to discuss issues and progress with the lecturer and your team mates. The focus is on learning by doing and this is integrated into your class using the live event.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Apply the principles involved in human resource management, event planning and event delivery
2. Analyse practices involved in recruitment and selection for events
3. Appraise the theoretical concepts associated with training, employee relations, diversity, culture and ethics as they relate to hospitality and tourism.
4. Apply theory to practice in a live event.
5. Evaluate HR theories as they relate to individual learning
No Prior Knowledge Required