This subject introduces students to the fundamental principles of computer game design and development. Throughout the course, students will learn the basics of programming, 2D interface design, game physics, artificial intelligence techniques and game world creation. This theory will be applied in the design and development of a 3D computer game created with industry standard software.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Students will have a proficency in the use of 3D game engines to create their own games.
2. Students will aquire knowledge of the nature of virtual 3D spaces and objects including coordinate systems, translation, scaling and rotation.
3. Students will be able to modify game objects and spaces with textures, shading and lighting.
4. Students will have practical experience with game scripting languages covering aspects of syntax, variables, operators, functions, conditions, loops, event handling and working with objects.
5. Students will aquire knowledge of and gain practical experience with game design and specific mechanics such as physics, ray casting, user interfaces and special effects.