An introduction to the theory and practice of still photography is presented in this subject. Students undertake exercises involving composition, use of colour, framing and other aspects of imagery. Assignment work requires critical analysis as well as practical exercises.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Interpret and employ the technical aspects of manual photography using an SLR or DSLR camera to take photographs in a range of situations.
2. Describe the composition and elements of design in order to purposely construct, critique and discuss photographs.
3. Apply relevant techniques of lighting and exposure, using shutter speed and aperture to produce creative photographs.
4. Creatively design, execute and select imagery for a photographic brief.
5. Produce and select images for a final photographic portfolio that showcases their photographic understanding and creativity.