This subject introduces students to the art and craft of modern professional screenwriting. Students will learn the fundamentals of constructing screenplays for various forms of film and television drama. They will learn the basic precepts of script development, from developing ideas through to a completed screenplay using professional standards. Through watching both short form and long form films, they will learn to analyse and deconstruct screenplays from noteworthy films and television programs. Students will acquire an in-depth understanding of how the screenwriter fits into the process of creating film and television projects. To better understand the screenwriting process, students will also write their own screenplay, through various drafts.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. To understand the technical format of screenplays.
2. To understand the elements that are considered when writing for the screen.
3. To understand the process of storytelling.
4. To write a five page screenplay to be considered for production.
5. To understand the conventions of the short film.
No prior knowledge required.