This subject will provide students with the basic competencies required to capture and manipulate sound for radio and video production, to identify and use professionally different types of microphones, to use a range of digital recording devices, to understand room dynamics and requirements for recording and to work with sound on the AVID and Protools platforms. This is a practical course with a theoretical foundation which will give you a more professional approach to audio in future subsequent course work.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the key principals audio production for a range of film and television productions.
2. Effectively, safely and creatively operate professional standard microphones and audio mixing and recording equipment.
3. Effectively, safely and creatively operate audio post-production equipment, such as Pro-Tools.
4. Record quality audio in a variety of environments to professional standards.
5. Creatively edit, design and post produce audio for a range of audioscapes.
6. Effectively replace and synchronize audio with video images.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.