The subject focuses on the following: an understanding of the entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial process - how it is driven; the entrepreneur/intrapreneur - the types of attributes that successful entrepreneurial people tend to have; opportunity recognition and evaluation; resources for exploiting opportunities; and strategies for establishing and developing entrepreneurial business ventures. The subject content applies generally to newly formed ventures, existing small to medium size growth-oriented ventures, and entrepreneurial ventures within larger organisations. Candidates will develop a business plan for a new business venture, being either the establishment of a new business or a launch of a new product within an established business. The business plan will be developed on a group basis.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Understand the theoretical basis of the organisation, leadership, initiative and teamwork. (Attributes 1,5)
2. Comprehend what is required for you to contribute to your discipline or profession as an effective leader and/or as a member of collaborative, cooperative and successful teams. (Attributes 2,3,5)
3. Identify your own strengths and weaknesses as leaders and team members by working effectively on a group project. (Attributes 1,2,3,5)
4. Identify and determine what entrepreneurs need to know about the critical driving forces in new venture success. (Attributes 1,2,3,4,5)
5. Identify the necessary financial and non-financial resources available for new ventures; identify the criteria used to screen and evaluate proposals, their attractiveness and risk, and how to obtain start-up and early growth capital. (Attributes 1,3,5)
6. Determine the critical tasks to be accomplished, the hurdles to be overcome during start-up and early growth, and what has to happen to succeed. (Attributes 1,2,3,4,5)
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||06/10/2018|
|Withdraw – Academic?||27/10/2018|
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/06/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/06/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||05/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||26/10/2019|