Knowing how to understand, analyse and present data is a key to entry in any industry. This subject requires students to apply the concepts, theories and frameworks from their entire program to a big data research project. Working under the supervision of an academic staff member, students will apply the research process, develop a research question that is relevant to both industry and the academic community, synthesise the relevant literature, use appropriate big data techniques and interpret the results and evaluate their implications. Students may work in teams or as individuals dependant on the size of the project. Projects may be created internally or be sourced from industry.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Apply knowledge from previous subjects in the discipline to a real big data project.
2. Critically analyse and synthesise the relevant literature on an approved big data research topic.
3. Design and undertake appropriate data collection and analyses to investigate a research question.
4. Articulate the rationale, theory, methods, findings and implications of a research project in a professional written report.
5. Deliver a clear, concise well-organised research presentation appropriate to specialist and non-specialist audiences using suitable visual aids.
There are no co-requisites.
Program Director approval required
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|