Using an applied case-based approach, this subject helps students gain ethical awareness, develop relevant reasoning skills, and empower themselves to act ethically in personal and professional contexts. This interdisciplinary subject explores critical ethical issues in science, law, business, media, and the environment. Topics remain flexible to reflect the dynamic nature of ethical issues in the 21st century.
- January 2018 [Standard Offering]
- May 2018 [Standard Offering]
- September 2018 [Standard Offering]
|Available to Study Abroad students|
- Communication and Creative Media
- International Relations and Humanities
- Social Sciences, Psychology and Counselling
- Commencing in 2017: $4,205
- Commencing in 2018: $4,247
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of ethical principles, norms and values.
2. Demonstrate skills of analysis, reasoning and communication with which to address ethical challenges and dilemmas.
3. Demonstrate the ability to implement and promote ethically appropriate choices in personal and professional contexts.
CORE11-001 - Critical Thinking and Communication OR CORE11-100 Communication Skills OR CORE11-101 Public Speaking OR CORE11-111 Business Applications of IT OR CORE11-112 Reasoning Skills OR CORE11-113 Scientific Thinking and Research Skills OR CORE11-114 Knowledge and Society (pre-requisite) AND CORE11-002 Leadership and Team Dynamics OR CORE11-130 Strategic Management OR CORE11-131 Entrepreneurship (pre-requisite or co-requisite)
Study Abroad students - no requisites required.
HS-20028 Diploma in University English Studies students - completion of CORE11-002 Leadership and Team Dynamics not required.