This subject is designed to help Bond students develop the intrapersonal and interpersonal skills to function effectively as individual contributors, team players and leaders in diverse social contexts. These collaborative skills are essential to all students’ personal and professional lives in any current or future profession. Students will gain a greater understanding of their personality, values, emotions, perceptions and related attributes, and develop an appreciation of the diversity of these characteristics in others. This perspective is required to work effectively in diverse multi-disciplinary groups and to develop the followership and leadership behaviours that are highly valued in contemporary organisations. Finally, students will develop a structured, self-directed approach to their ongoing learning as a capable individual, effective collaborator, and global citizen.
1. recognise current strengths and weaknesses and devise appropriate development plans to support personal growth.
2. apply intrapersonal and interpersonal competencies in a variety of personal and professional contexts (eg, effective listening, group problem-solving, conflict resolution, etc).
3. give and receive constructive feedback to enhance collaboration and enable the development of personal accountability and resilience.
4. assess the performance of groups in various contexts and provide suggestions to enhance group effectiveness and timely completion of tasks.
5. demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to contribute effectively in a culturally diverse project team environment.
6. contribute to effective ethical leadership processes in group and team contexts.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/06/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/06/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||05/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||26/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/02/2020|