This subject is designed to help students develop the intrapersonal and interpersonal skills to function effectively as individual contributors, team players and leaders in diverse social contexts. These skills are essential to all students' personal and professional lives in any current or future profession. Students will gain a greater understanding of their personality, values, emotions, perceptions and related attributes, and develop an appreciation of the diversity of these characteristics in others. This perspective is required to work effectively in diverse multi-disciplinary groups and to develop the followership and leadership behaviours that are highly valued in contemporary organisations. Finally, students will develop a structured, personal, self-directed approach to their ongoing learning and time management.
- September 2018 [Standard Offering]
- January 2019 [Standard Offering]
- May 2019 [Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
|Available to Study Abroad students|
- Business and Commerce
- Communication and Creative Media
- International Relations and Humanities
- Social Sciences, Psychology and Counselling
- Commencing in 2018: $4,247
- Commencing in 2019: $4,290
1. recognise current strengths and weaknesses and devise appropriate development plans to support personal growth.
2. apply intrapersonal and interpersonal competencies in a variety of personal and professional contexts (eg, effective listening, group problem-solving, conflict resolution, etc).
3. give and receive constructive feedback to enable the development of self and others.
4. assess the performance of groups in various contexts and provide suggestions to enhance group effectiveness and timely completion of tasks.
5. demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to contribute effectively in a diverse project team environment.
6. contribute to effective leadership processes in group and team contexts.
Please check the subject outline for pre-requisite subjects.