In this subject students apply dispute resolution skills and strategies to case studies of conflict resolution in corporate and community settings- from workplace bargaining, to resolution of workplace conflicts in groups and organisations with an emphasis on cooperative ways of solving problems and, further on, ways in which communities can achieve peace. Key issues in conflict resolution are examined from a communication theory perspective providing insights and expertise in this very popular field of study.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Develop basic skills in conflict resolution
2. Link communication skills to conflict resolution
3. Analyse conflict from theoretical perspectives
4. Analyse power structures in conflict
5. Develop strategies for face-saving and face-giving
6. Apply skills and knowledge in simulations and case studies.
No prior knowledge required.