On completing this subject, students will have achieved a basic proficiency in spoken and written Chinese and an understanding of culturally appropriate behaviour in a number of situations. The emphasis will be on achieving proficiency in communication.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Students will have the opportunity to advance their receptive skills.
2. Students will have the opportunity to advance their productive skills.
3. Students will be able to increase their understanding of the grammar and the use of some sentence patterns.
4. Students will broaden their vocabulary with learning new topics.
5. Students will have opportunities to gain communicational Chinese through practice.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.