In this subject students will work towards minimal proficiency in spoken and written Chinese and an understanding of culturally appropriate behaviour in a number of situations.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Develop their reading and listening skills in Chinese language at an intermediate level.
2. Develop their speaking and writing skills in Chinese language at an intermediate level.
3. Demonstrate understanding of the Chinese grammar at an intermediate level.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of Chinese vocabulary at an intermediate level.
5. Practice communicating in Chinese at an intermediate level.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):