Chemistry for Living Systems provides students with a solid foundation in chemistry required for further study in biomedical, exercise, sport and health science. The curriculum covers atomic structure, chemical bonding, solutions & equilibria, chemical compounds, stoichiometry, types of reactions such as Redox and Acid/Base and thermodynamics. It also has a substantial organic chemistry component as well as basic mathematics skills. This subject aims to teach students the basic components of biological, physical and organic chemistry.
|Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
- May 2021 [Standard Offering]
- January 2022 [Standard Offering]
- May 2022 [Standard Offering]
- January 2023 [Standard Offering]
- May 2023 [Standard Offering]
- Commencing in 2020: $4,340
- Commencing in 2021: $3,890
1. Explain the basic laws, concepts, principles and processes of chemistry that underpin health and medical sciences.
2. Apply relevant laws, concepts or principles to explain and solve and health related problems.
3. Successfully perform calculations that are sufficiently comprehensive to solve the problem.
4. Locate and interpret data from information relating to various chemical topics.
5. Use appropriate chemical knowledge to predict reactivity and solubility.
6. Demonstrate competence in basic laboratory safety and techniques such as pipetting, solution preparation, UV/VIS Spectroscopy, titrations.
| Requisites: ? |
| Restrictions: ? |