Efficiently managed food and beverage operations are critical to the success of an accommodation business. International Food and Beverage Management will equip you with knowledge about the design, operation, marketing and management of food and beverage outlets including restaurants, banquet services and room service. You will learn skills in menu design, purchasing procedures and the importance of cost control strategies within the restaurant industry. The internationalisation of the food and beverage market is also considered to provide you with knowledge of different international cuisines and their service requirements as well as the diverse requirements of diners from different cultural backgrounds.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Discuss the factors essential to the delivery of a quality dining experience to the food and beverage consumer.
2. Compare the expectations of food and beverage consumers from different cultural backgrounds to identify ways that a restaurant can better cater to the needs of international guests.
3. Discuss the key factors that influence a food and beverage outlet's business profitability.
4. Calculate food costings and other ratios used by restaurants to monitor their operational performance.
5. Develop and present a viable restaurant business and menu concept in collaboration with a team of colleagues.
Must be admitted into a Bond College Diploma Program.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
Future offerings not yet planned.