This subject is an introduction to the role of advertising in society from both theoretical and professional perspectives. Students will study advertisements as media 'texts' and consider the impact of advertising on society and individuals. The subject will outline the structure of the advertising industry in Australia and focus on professional practices, including campaign design. Students will practice copywriting strategies and techniques used in the design of print advertisements.
|Faculty of Society & Design|
- May 2018 [Standard Offering]
- September 2018 [Standard Offering]
- January 2019 [Standard Offering]
- May 2019 [Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
|Available to Study Abroad students|
- Communication and Creative Media
- Commencing in 2018: $4,247
- Commencing in 2019: $4,290
1. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Advertising Industry, can effectively research and analyse markets and apply practical skills and theory in developing, executing and evaluating advertising campaigns.
2. Deal with team and deadline responsibilities, time management, decision making and delegation in a competitive team environment.
3. Develop a targeted message and choose the most effective methods, style and channels to reach selected recipients.
4. Have a good understanding of social, ethical, legal and cultural obligations in both local and global advertising.
No prior knowledge required.