This subject develops knowledge of contemporary accounting theory and associated research and how they contribute to the development of the accounting environment and accounting practice. The subject focuses on accounting regulation, reporting practice and the usefulness of accounting information. Emphasis is given to the relevance of accounting theory to practice.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Demonstrate knowledge of financial accounting theory.
2. Apply accounting standards for recognising, measuring and reporting transactions and balances.
3. Critically apply accounting theory and research to accounting regulation and practice.
4. Demonstrate the ability to conduct research and produce empirical evidence to test accounting theory.
5. Demonstrate the ability to deliver a logically constructed presentation using appropriate visual aids and other media.
6. Demonstrate the ability to provide feedback to peers and adapt to feedback from peers.
ACCT71-301 - Financial Accounting