This subject provides a critical examination of the theories underpinning accounting practice and its professional standards. The aim is to foster an understanding of both the rationale underlying accounting principles and standards and how they are applied in practice. The critical appraisal of contemporary practices regarding the accounting standards is emphasised.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Demonstrate knowledge of financial accounting theory.
2. Apply a range of accounting standards for recognising, measuring and reporting transactions and balances.
3. Critically apply accounting theory and research to accounting regulation and practice.
4. Demonstrate the ability to conduct research and produce empirical evidence to test accounting theory.
5. Demonstrate the ability to deliver a logically constructed presentation using appropriate visual aids and other media.
6. Demonstrate the ability to provide feedback to peers and adapt to feedback from peers.
Students must have successfully completed ACCT13-301 Financial Accounting and Company Reporting or equivalent prior to undertaking ACCT13-303