Bond Research Week
Research Week, held between 10 and 14 October 2022, will showcase the innovative research underway in a series of presentations and events.
Highlighting our research's impact on everyday life, Research Week 2022 allows you to learn more about the excellent research happening right now at Bond University.
Registrations for the events will open in August.
- Health Professionals Education showcase (HPE)- Join us for a series of short presentations ranging from educational technology to professional identity development to highlight the scope of the research being undertaken by HSM's Health Professions Education Research Group.
- Faculty of Law Showcase- Several academics and research students from the faculty will explain a key concept from their research area, highlighting the range of legal research being undertaken.
- Researcher's event- academics from all Faculties are invited to participate in this research-focused social event.
- Sustainability showcase- a series of short presentations from our researchers and students will highlight sustainability issues emerging in various disciplines.
- Celebrating our achievements - this lunch event is an opportunity for HDR students and Supervisors to meet others in the cohort. (Bond staff and HDR students only)
- Centre for Data Analytics - Researchers from the Centre will highlight their current research in a series of short presentations and panel discussion, as well as a poster display from the Bond Business School’s Higher Degree by Research Students.
- Bond University Women in Research Breakfast (BUWN) - The BUWN Women in Research Breakfast showcases three inspiring Bond women researchers at different stages of their research career – early, mid and advanced. Highlighting their research and stories of their professional and personal journeys.
- Rapid Fire mini-congress- The Tactical Research Unit will highlight the latest research in tactical populations (military, law enforcement and fire and rescue) through a keynote presentation, rapid presentations from its research students and a panel discussion. Topics will cover several fields including using fitness tests and standards in tactical populations, sex differences in equipment wear, using body movements to identify threats, thermal impacts on performance and Future challenges for tactical populations and the upcoming 2023 Olympics.
- Moulage and its application in health professions education – launch of the Moulage Community of Practice- Moulage, the use of special effects makeup techniques, is utilised in health professions training. This event will highlight new research on technical applications of moulage in simulation and mark the launch of an international community of practice. The event will feature guests Dr Daniel Bauer (University of Bern) and colleagues, who will share their insights on the use of tattoo transfers in moulage application.
- The Pure Research Portal- a gateway to Open Access. Discover Open Access opportunities and options within the scholarly publication process. Presented by Library Services.
- Faculty of Society & Design Showcase - The showcase will consist of six presentations that will showcase the variety of research areas within the Faculty.
- Vice Chancellor's Research Awards 2022 - this event celebrates the achievements of our research community. The three Vice Chancellor's Research Awards will be presented. (Invite only).
- Hello, my name is Stigma: Courageous conversations about mental health and wellbeing- Join us for this engaging discussion forum where lived experiences of mental health journeys will be courageously shared in an attempt to demystify stigma, understand the impact of stigma on health and well-being, and to shape future research directions.