Bond Research Week
The tenth annual Research Week, held between 18-22 October 2021, will showcase the innovative research underway in a series of presentations and events.
Highlighting the impact that our research has on everyday life, Research Week 2021 provides an opportunity for you to learn more about the great research happening right now at Bond University.
Register to attend our free events throughout the week using the links below:
- Accessing the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) Microdata and the virtual DataLab for researchers - This 1-hour session highlights the data assets managed by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), and how researchers can access it. (Bond researchers and HDR students only)
- Research Speed Dating is a valuable opportunity to connect with academic staff from other disciplines to learn more about each other’s research interests and explore the possibilities for future research collaborations. (Bond researchers only)
- ABS creating connections and building awareness for HDR students - This session will provide a chance for Bond HDR students to ask questions on what microdata products are available to them and how they can access (HDR students only)
- Celebrating our achievements - this lunch event is an opportunity for HDR students and Supervisors to meet others in the cohort. (Bond staff and HDR students only)
- Bond University Women in Research Breakfast - The BUWN Women in Research Breakfast showcases three inspiring Bond women researchers at different stages of their research career – early, mid and advanced. Highlighting not only their research but also stories of their professional and personal journeys.
- Faculty of Law- How Bond researchers are contributing to legal and social change - The showcase will begin a series of short presentations on a variety of topics, ranging from the regulation of concussion in Australian sport, space law and sexual assault law to cybersecurity and online privacy.
- Faculty of Society & Design Showcase - The showcase will consist of four presentations including green rated buildings, transport infrastructure, VR and psychophysiology in spatial cognition, and facial recognition.
- Inaugral Bond University Pitching Research Competition -
The Pitching Research framework provides a simple & structured written framework of just 1,000 words to allow novice researchers to confidently/succinctly “pitch” the essential ingredients of a new scholarly research proposal to an academic field expert. At this event 4 finalists have 8 minutes each, to orally convey their written pitch, addressing a highly practical research topic.
- Vice Chancellor's Research Awards 2021 - this event celebrates the achievements of our researcher community. The three Vice Chancellor's Research Awards will be presented, and the guest speaker will be the Director of the Tactical Research Unit, Associate Professor Rob Orr (Invite only).
Leading up to Research Week 2021
Wednesday 13 October
8.30am - 4.30pm
The Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine will host the HSM Medical and Postgraduate Students Research Conference, which brings together the research of medical students with the higher degree research students.
Commencing with a Welcome to Country and a keynote address from Professor Ajay Rane, this will be followed by a stimulating panel discussion from returning Alumni.
Participants will choose one of many concurrent sessions in the morning and afternoon where they will hear from final year medical students presenting their MD projects and HDR students presenting the results of their research.
Presentations will be a combination of Pearls (oral), Pebble (oral - group), Lightning (oral) and Ignite (Poster) presentations.
There will be an awards presentation in the final closing ceremony.