While research and scholarship concerning any aspect of legal education falls within the scope of the Centre’s activities, the Centre has a particular focus upon the following:
- The internationalisation of legal education
- The preparation of law students for professional practice
- The meaning of legal professionalism and how it can be taught
- The teaching and assessment of practical legal skills
- Clinical legal education
- Work integrated learning in law
- The teaching of legal ethics and the ethics of legal teaching
- Law student and legal practitioner wellness
- Public legal education and raising public awareness of legal issues
- Judicial legal education
The Centre supports and encourages members to engage in legal education scholarship and research projects, and produce high quality and impactful research outputs including monographs, journal articles, and conference papers. The CPLE also hosts and publishes legal education journals, including but not limited to the Legal Education Review and the Australian Journal of Clinical Education.
The Centre and its members are available to engage in legal education research projects commissioned by public and private organisations. Contact [email protected] for more information.
The Centre facilitates and coordinates the recruitment, enrolment and supervision of HDR students (including PhD, SJD and LLM by Research students) engaging in legal education research and scholarship. Contact [email protected] for more information about enrolling as a HDR student in the CPLE at Bond Law.