Bond University's 5 year Research Strategic Plan (2014-2018) sets out a vision and strategy to position high quality and focused research as a core to University business. The plan sets bold measures of research success for the University and its students that reflect the critical function of the University in society as an institution for learning, discovery, scholarship and invention. It recognises that Bond has quickly developed its research profile and productivity over a relatively short time frame and acknowledges the need for capacity building investments and strategy to facilitate research impact.
Our Research Strategic Plan outlines five key research strategic objectives that will focus our research agenda over the next 5 years:
- Developing a world class research workforce and culture
We have outstanding and internationally renowned researchers at Bond. We are building our academic workforce research capacity by recruiting, retaining and recognising staff for their research contributions, by building research competencies among staff, managing academic workload and by supporting leadership and collaboration.
- Enabling a research-training environment by blending research, teaching and service.
Research students are central to the University’s research agenda and a core contributor to our research vitality. We aim to grow our research student population significantly. The growth will be achieved through investment in HDR scholarships, to attract the best and the brightest and we will build on quality supervisory teams to ensure that HDR students get a unique and quality research training experience.
At Bond we train our HDR students to be well-rounded academics, not just excellent researchers.
- Develop niche centres of research excellence; focused on building our research expertise.
Bond currently has two University Research Centres that demonstrate our research strengths. Each Centre is supported by outstanding academic leadership and research teams that contribute to world-class research outcomes and impact.
- Enhance and enable access to world class research infrastructure.
Bond has some of the best research infrastructures of any Australian University in our areas of research focus, including:
- the purpose built Bond Institute of Health and Sports complex that houses the Collaborative Research Network for Advancing Exercise and Sports Science.
- Major redevelopment of the Biomedical Laboratory facility in the Faculty of Health Science and Medicine in early 2014, to support our world class health and medical research.
- Deliver world class innovation through collaborative engagement in research projects with industry, business, government and the community.
Researchers at Bond recognise the importance of collaboration with researchers at other institutions, with communities and industry. We recognise that research has the most utility when it is applied to understand problems and generating solutions for community, industry partners and broader society. As a University, we are nimble, have an outstanding research support team, and we are easy to partner with around collaborative research. Our partnerships and research collaborations are both national and international.
Now is an exciting time to be researching at Bond. Throughout the year, we will have a range of research events on offer. Please visit our news and events page to stay up-to-date with our research activities and join in the excitement.
Professor Keitha Dunstan
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)