A professional career in Sports Management starts at Bond.
The January semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they’re on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
This program is not available to domestic students. Please see Master of Sport Management.
With a Master of Sport Management (Professional) from Bond, not only do you have the opportunity to graduate with real-world experience within a number of Australia's most renowned sporting industries, you'll also step into the next phase of your career by graduating sooner. The program provides students with a foundation in a variety of business practices in the sporting industry, plus the ability to gain a specialisation. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Sports Management program with an additional 20-week Work Integrated Learning component to ensure you get real-world experience before you graduate.
- Opportunity to work with numerous local and national sport organisations which grant access to real life opportunities including internships, work experience and research
- Prepares graduates for a range of leadership and management roles in sport
- Access to elite athletes and sporting teams through Bond's membership with the Australian Sport Commission’s Elite Athlete Friendly University Agreement
About the program
The Master of Sport Management (Professional) is taught in English and consists of 165 credit points including 20-week professional component, which is equivalent to 92 weeks of full-time study. The Master of Sport Management (Professional) explores the professional challenges and opportunities for managers in the international sports industry. Show more
The Master of Sport Management (Professional) is taught in English and consists of 165 credit points including 20-week professional component, which is equivalent to 92 weeks of full-time study. The Master of Sport Management (Professional) explores the professional challenges and opportunities for managers in the international sports industry.
This program is designed to enhance the career opportunities of established professionals, as well as assist individuals aspiring to forge a career in this unique sector. It explores the many aspects of sports management from a grassroots level through to elite professional sports organisations and events.
You will focus on managing high-performance sport, business strategies, strategic sports marketing, event and facilities management, finance, law, governance and organisational leadership.
The program will give you access to leading experts in sport, law, business and public relations who possess a wealth of industry experience, including working with elite athletes and consulting to national sporting organisations. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, Sport|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Sport Management (Professional) program comprises 13 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (10)
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- HRTM71-209 Event Management
- LAWS77-521 Global Sports Law and Governance
- MGMT71-104 Managing People
- MKTG71-600 Marketing Fundamentals
- SPMT71-119 Sport Management Professional Preparation
- SPMT71-124 International Sport Business
- SPMT71-125 Managing High Performance Sport
- STAT71-102 Analysis and Application
Plus Professional subject (1)
(students must complete one (1) of the following subjects)
*Please note that the Professional Portfolio or Professional Development subject is a 20-week, 45-credit point subject and is taken in the last semester of the program once all other coursework subjects have been completed. The Career Development Centre will provide assistance in choosing the relevant professional subject prior to your last semester.
- Students can choose 20 Credit Points of General Elective Subjects (20cp).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee. Professional program fees include four standard full time semesters plus a final semester professional subject, which is charged at a different rate to a standard semester of coursework.
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $67,690
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Successful completion of a Bachelor degree in a discipline related to the diverse areas of sport management including management, business, marketing, finance, accounting, law, public relations, exercise and sports science.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
The Bond University Master of Sport Management (Professional) program is designed to prepare you for a range of leadership and management roles in sport-specific disciplines and has been designed in close consultation with prominent industry professionals to ensure the integrity and contemporary relevance of the degree.
Upon completion of the program, you will be well-positioned to seek employment in a range of settings in the multi-faceted sport industry at local, national and international levels.
You may find employment in the government, community, private and not-for-profit sectors including:
- professional sport teams, leagues and affiliated organisations
- community service organisations
- government sport and recreation services
- local, state and national sport governing bodies
- major event corporations
- sport venue management
- high-performance sport development and player management
- sport advertising, media relations, sponsorship and marketing
- apparel and merchandising companies
- logistics, compliance and financial operations