Differentiate yourself from the rest with a Masters of Science by Research degree
The January semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they’re on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
The Master of Science by Research (Health Sciences) enables you to undertake supervised research studies in one or more of the Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine's research areas and groups such as Anatomy, Evidence-Based Practice, Nutrition & Dietetics, Stem Cells, Urology and much more.
Be mentored by internationally renowned academics
The Master of Science by Research (Health Sciences) will provide students with research expertise for careers in the university, industry or research sectors. Students may also wish to continue studying at Bond University with the Doctor of Philosophy program.
- Internationally recognised research degree
- Complete your Masters in 2 years
- Pathway degree for further PhD studies
About the program
The Master of Science by Research (Health Sciences) enables you to undertake supervised research studies in one or more of the Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine's research areas and groups. It is an internationally recognised research degree and is a pathway to PhD studies. Show more
The Master of Science by Research (Health Sciences) enables you to undertake supervised research studies in one or more of the Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine's research areas and groups. It is an internationally recognised research degree and is a pathway to PhD studies. Potential areas for research opportunity include: Anatomy Evidence-Based Practice Nutrition & Dietetics Genetics Health Professions Education Immunology Indigenous Health Medical Ethics Medical Research Neuroscience Physiology/Pharmacology Physiotherapy Public Health Sports and Exercise Science Sports Management Stem Cells Urology Bond University research students have access to the specialist expertise of our internationally published academics as well as state-of-the-art facilities. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Master Research|
|Study area||Health Sciences, Medicine, Sport|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The below fees are based on an annual fee over a three-semester academic calendar.
Annual program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $39,760* annually
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
The minimum requirements for this program is a University Bachelor's degree with Honours in a relevant discipline, with evidence of the ability to conduct supervised research; or a qualification or combination of qualifications deemed to be equivalent by the Faculty Research Committee.
English language proficiency requirements
Applicants whose previous study was not completed in one of the countries listed where English is considered a first language, must provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
How to apply
Applicants must submit an Expression of Interest as to why they wish to undertake a research degree and the area of research.
Before seeking to apply, prospective Masters by Research and PhD students must seek contact with a potential supervisor. Applications will only be considered for enrolment where a supervisor is available. The proposed research must fit within the Faculty’s strategic research plan and within an area of Faculty expertise.
Once a potential supervisor has been sourced, the following information is required in order for applications to be assessed:
- A detailed thesis proposal.
- University academic transcripts for all studies to date (undergraduate and postgraduate). If not already in English, these documents must be translated and certified by the translating body.
- University grading scale if applicable – the grading scale may be found on the reverse of the university academic transcript.
- A Certificate of Completion (Degree/Diploma) is required if the transcript does not indicate that the degree has been awarded/conferred. Both certified translated and untranslated copies of both transcripts and Certificate of Completion should be provided.
- A resume detailing previous work and study history.
- Two written references which should cover the candidate’s abilities, key personal attributes and capabilities (a minimum of one external reference excluding Bond University will be required).
- International students previously instructed in a language other than English are required to provide certified translated and untranslated copies of both transcripts and Certificate of Completion.
- Applicants whose previous study was not completed in one of the countries listed where English is considered a first language, must provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. For details please visit: English Language Proficiency Requirements
- A budget proposal for all research supplies. A budget template is available by emailing [email protected]
For any enquiries, please email: [email protected]