Advance your career
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Expanding your career opportunities in the modern era, requires a deeper appreciation of the intricacies of international affairs. Increasingly, employers require skills in advanced research and critical thinking. The combined Master of International Relations/ Master of Project Management at Bond incorporates both coursework and dissertations, equipping graduates with refined research and project management skills with a solid grounding in contemporary, theoretical and cultural issues.
IMPORTANT: Effective June 2020, graduates of GAC-accredited programs will be awarded a substantial reduction in the experience requirement for all PMI certifications.
Intensive mode delivery
To accommodate all of our students during ongoing COVID disruptions, classes are being temporarily offered in a multimodal format on a weekly basis until further notice.
The program is delivered in intensive mode. Intensive mode delivery is a compact and time efficient way to complete a postgraduate qualification with minimal impact on professional and personal lifestyles. Participants will receive 40 hours of combined lectures, discussion groups, case studies and workshops during contact hours. International students are required to be on campus every week. The Master International Relations/ Master of Project Management is also professionally recognised by the Project Management Institute (PMI). This allows graduates to differentiate themselves within the industry.
The Master of Project Management is accredited by RICS, PMI and AIPM.
Combined degree options
- Master of Architecture / Master of Project Management
- Master of Construction Practice / Master of Project Management
- Master of Sport Management / Master of Project Management
- Master of Sustainable Environments and Planning / Master of Project Management
- Master of Valuation and Property Development / Master of Project Management
- Master of International Relations / Master of Project Management
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Project Management
- Master of Communication / Master of Project Management
- Master of Criminology / Master of Project Management
- Gain a qualification professionally recognised by the Project Management Institute
- Small class sizes and a personalised approach to learning
- Graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerated degrees
About the program
The combined Masters degree in International Relations and Project Management enables students interested in a career in diplomacy, international trade, government and business to acquire expertise in the planning, implementation and management of projects and programs. The addition of project and program management skills enables graduates to access more strategic positions in their organisation and to be responsible for overseeing new initiatives involving the management of scope, time, cost and risk. Show more
The combined Masters degree in International Relations and Project Management enables students interested in a career in diplomacy, international trade, government and business to acquire expertise in the planning, implementation and management of projects and programs. The addition of project and program management skills enables graduates to access more strategic positions in their organisation and to be responsible for overseeing new initiatives involving the management of scope, time, cost and risk. Students graduate with a Master of International Relations and a Master of Project Management upon completion.This combined degree is internationally recognised by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Architecture and Built Environment, International Relations and Humanities|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
Required subjects (7)
You must complete all of the following subjects:
- Research Methods and Data Visualisation (HUMR71-100)
- Expert Witness and Dispute Resolution (SDCM71-323)
- Risk Management (SDIM71-201)
- Principles of Project Management (SSUD71-103)
- Project Finance and Procurement (SSUD71-111)
- Project Portfolio and Program Management (SSUD71-305)
- Project Resource Planning (SSUD71-403)
IR Discipline subjects (7)
You must choose (7) of the following subjects:
- Human Security and Global Development (INTR71-350)
- Public Policy (INTR71-103)
- Innovating Global Governance (INTR71-104)
- Transnational Crime (CRIM71-103)
- Security and Strategy (INTR71-102)
- Climate Change: Adaptation & Resilience (SSUD71-318)
- Diplomacy (INTR71-208)
- Politically Motivated Violence (INTR71-315)
- Language in Society (LING71-105)
In addition, you must choose one (1) of the following suites of subjects for your dissertation/portfolio:
- Major Research Project (Part A) (20cp) (20 credit points) (HUMR72-701)
- Major Research Project (Part B) (20cp) (20 credit points) (HUMR72-702)
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $12,943* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $77,660
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent from an approved institution in either international relations, political science, political studies, global studies, humanities/arts, law or business studies.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
Experience project management
Why the world needs more project managers
By 2027, the world will need 88.7 million project managers. PMI projects a potential loss of 27.9 billion US dollars across 11 countries if more skilled project managers do not join the workforce.
Professor Patching explains, the skills of project managers have changed in previous years and Bond’s undergraduate and postgraduate project management degrees are designed to equip graduates with the skills they need for the future role of the project manager.
Read more here.