About the program
The Diploma of Sports Management offers a range of subjects to equip students with the necessary knowledge to work with sporting teams, clubs, players and organisations. The Diploma of Sports Management will teach students the core skills to enhance their career prospects, whether that be a student fresh out of school or someone wishing to upgrade their qualifications. This Diploma program will teach students an understanding of sport and athlete development, how to produce sporting information and media content, and gain skills such as managing teams, leadership, communicating in groups, conflict resolution, problem solving, rational and critical thinking, and managing finances. Successful completion of the Diploma of Sports Management will provide students with a pathway to most Bond University undergraduate degrees, including the Bachelor of Sports Management, or position you to seek employment in sports, event or player management, or sporting, recreational clubs and professional organisations. The Diploma of Sports Management provides a pathway into the Bond University Bachelor of Communication, the Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Communications (Business) with a possible 80 credit points credited towards their new program of study.
The Diploma of Sports Management is a two semester (full-time) program of 8 subjects and 1 compulsory skills building subject.
Students must complete the following mandatory subjects for the Diploma of Sports Management:
- BCAS01-020 Academic Skills*
- BCDP02-033 Introduction to Global Citizenship
- BCDP02-101 Critical Thinking and Communication (CORE11-112)
- BCDP02-102 Leadership and Team Dynamics (CORE11-102)
- BCDP02-103 Ethical Thought and Action (CORE11-103)
- BCDP02-020 Sport Public Relations (PUBR13-314)
- BCDP02-022 Personal Finance (FINC13-308)
Students must complete two of the following elective subjects for the Diploma of Sports Management:
- BCDP02-039 Social Media Tactics (PUBR12-100)
- BCDP02-018 Sports Marketing (SPMT13-112)
- BCDP02-019 Sport Information (SPMT12-103)
- BCDP02-021 Sport Development (SPMT12-121)
*Academic Skills (BCAS01-020) is a compulsory 0 credit point subject that provides you with core academic skills including referencing, academic writing and time management. It must be completed in your first semester (weeks 2 to 6).
Recommended study plan
For information regarding appropriate enrolment for each semester, we recommend that students see the Program Structure and Sequence webpage.
Completion of grade 12 or equivalent (OP 16 to 21/ATAR 60.20-40.65) or on a case by case basis as approved by the General Manager of Bond University College. A range of criteria is also used, such as extracurricular involvement and personal attributes, including outstanding leadership and community involvement qualities. Bond University College offers tertiary preparation programs (Foundation Program and University Preparation Program) for students who do not currently have the required academic qualifications.
- Work experience - ANZCO Skill level 3 for 1 year full-time equivalent
- Incomplete Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation (passing grades in 2 subjects)
- STAT result of 144
- OP ineligible Schedule equivalent rank to OP 16 to 21
For alternate means of entry such as work experience or the Special Tertiary Admissions Test please contact the Office of Future Students.
English language requirements
- Pass in Bond University College EAP Level 2, or
- IELTS 6 (no subscore less than 5.5)
Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
How to apply
Bond University is a member of the Australian Sport Commission’s Elite Athlete Friendly University Agreement (EAFUA). Through this agreement, Bond is dedicated to supporting elite athletes in the balanced pursuit of their academic and sporting goals by introducing more flexible academic regulations and requirements for elite student athletes.Read more