The Diploma of Arts offers a pathway to a broad range of career opportunities
The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Whether you are looking to pursue a career in Communication, Creative Arts, Film and Television, Global Studies (Sustainability), Humanities, International Relations, Journalism, Psychological Science and Social Science the Diploma of Arts can start you on your journey.
Pathway into the third semester of a Bond Bachelor program
Below is an example of some of the degrees our diploma programs credit into.
|Diploma Program||Bachelor Program||Number of Credits|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Communication||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Communication (Business)||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Arts||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Psychological Science||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Journalism||8*|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Social Science||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of International Relations||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Laws||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Business||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Film and Television||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Creative Arts||up to 8**|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Global Studies (Sustainability)||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of Jurisprudence||8|
|Diploma of Arts||Bachelor of International Relations/ Bachelor of Business||7|
*Students must choose an additional minor (4 subjects) to receive full credits.
**80 credit points available with a Communication Major. All other majors will receive 60 credit points.
- Complete your diploma in only eight months
- Integrate into the university environment from day one
- Have the support of extra tutorials just for diploma students
- Articulate into the third semester of the corresponding bachelor program
About the program
The Diploma of Arts opens up a wide range of career and further study opportunities in disciplines including Communication, Creative Arts, Film and Television, Global Studies (Sustainability), Humanities, International Relations, Journalism, Psychological Science and Social Science. Show more
The Diploma of Arts opens up a wide range of career and further study opportunities in disciplines including Communication, Creative Arts, Film and Television, Global Studies (Sustainability), Humanities, International Relations, Journalism, Psychological Science and Social Science. The Diploma of Arts will teach students core skills to enhance their career prospects, whether that be a student fresh out of school or someone wishing to upgrade their qualifications. Successful completion of the Diploma of Arts guarantees students a place in most undergraduate degrees at Bond University, with a possible 80 credit points credited towards their new program of study. Students are advised to check the degree study structures online to confirm for which subjects they may receive credit. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||2 semesters (8 months)|
|Study area||Communication and Creative Media, Foundation Programs, International Relations and Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology and Counselling|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Diploma of Arts is comprised of 8 compulsory subjects and 1 compulsory skills building subject. Students must complete the following eight (8) subjects for the Diploma of Arts:
- BCDP02-101 Critical Thinking and Communication
- BCDP02-102 Collaboration, Teams and Leadership
- BCDP02-103 Responsibility, Integrity and Civic Discourse
- BCDP02-033 Introduction to Global Citizenship
- BCDP02-009 Introduction to Communication
- BCDP02-070 Introduction to International Relations
- BCDP02-071 Foundations of Content Creation
- BCDP02-069 World Languages
*BCAS01-020 Academic Skills is a compulsory 0 credit point subject that provides you with core academic skills including referencing, academic writing and time management. It must be completed in your first semester (weeks 2 to 6).
Recommended study plan
For information regarding appropriate enrolment for each semester, we recommend that students see the Program structure and sequence webpage.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2020: $15,680* per semester average
- Students commencing study in 2021: $15,560* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2020: $31,360
- Students commencing study in 2021: $31,120
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Entry into the Diploma of Arts requires the successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent (OP 16 to 20/ATAR 64.95-50.00). Bond University College offers tertiary preparation programs (Foundation Program and Diploma Preparation Program) for students who do not currently have the required academic qualifications.
- Work experience - ANZCO Skill level 3 for 1 year full-time equivalent
- Incomplete Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation (passing grades in 2 subjects)
- STAT result of 144
- OP ineligible Schedule equivalent rank to OP 16 to 20
English language proficiency requirements
IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.