Your future in business and law starts here at Bond
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Combine a comprehensive business foundation with a mastery of the law with a double degree in Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Laws at Bond University. Studying the complementary skills of both law and business is valuable in both the legal profession and the corporate business world, with career opportunities in professional and managerial roles in business, government or the legal profession. At Bond, you will be involved with the ideation, creation, validation and execution of a business, have access to the Bond Business Commercialisation Centre and learn the legal side of starting a business.
2021 Year 12 entry
To ensure students are not disadvantaged by the COVID-19 pandemic, current Year 12 students can be assessed now for a guaranteed offer for 2021 entry conditional on the completion of Year 12. Applications will be assessed based on their first semester Year 12 results and meeting any subject prerequisite requirements for their program.
Take your idea from the classroom to the boardroom
What our students say
- Complete your double degree in both business and law in less than four years.Smaller classes and personal mentoring – learn in groups of around 20 to 30, delivering more interaction and more support.
- Global experience – every business student has the opportunity to enhance their learning experience and travel overseas by participating on study tours, international internships and study abroad programs.
About the program
The Bachelor of Business prepares you for leadership roles in today’s global businesses. New subjects in Business Model Generation and Business Model Execution will develop every student’s entrepreneurial and innovation abilities. All students in this program will be involved with ideation, creation, validation and execution of a business. This gives you the edge over other business graduates. Show more
The Bachelor of Business prepares you for leadership roles in today’s global businesses. New subjects in Business Model Generation and Business Model Execution will develop every student’s entrepreneurial and innovation abilities. All students in this program will be involved with ideation, creation, validation and execution of a business. This gives you the edge over other business graduates. The Bachelor of Laws prepares students for a career as a legal professional, both within Australia and overseas. It provides students with a thorough grounding in essential areas of substantive law and access to a wide choice of law elective subjects, including the option of completing a specialisation. An integrated skills and professionalism program is embedded in the degree and focuses on core legal skills essential to the practice of law. The Bachelor of Laws provides an engaging learning experience that challenges students academically and prepares them practically for a legal career. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||11 semesters (3 years 8 months)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, Law|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Bachelor of Business / Bachelor of Laws program comprises 44 subjects, as follows:
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication
- CORE11-002 Collaboration, Teams and Leadership
- CORE11-003 Responsibility, Integrity and Civic Discourse
Required subjects (25)
- ACCT11-100 Accounting for Decision Making
- BUSN13-331 Business Model Generation
- BUSN13-332 Business Model Execution
- ECON11-100 Principles of Economics
- FINC12-200 Fundamentals of Finance
- LAWS11-105 Legal Foundations A
- LAWS11-106 Legal Foundations B
- LAWS11-107 Foundations of Private Law
- LAWS11-108 Foundations of Public and Criminal Law
- LAWS11-201 Contract Law A
- LAWS11-202 Tort Law
- LAWS11-203 Criminal Law
- LAWS11-204 Property Law A
- LAWS11-216 Constitutional Law
- LAWS11-217 Contract Law B
- LAWS11-218 Property Law B
- LAWS11-310 Corporate Law
- LAWS11-313 Equity
- LAWS11-317 Administrative Law
- LAWS11-318 Evidence
- LAWS11-325 Civil Dispute Resolution
- LAWS11-326 Legal Profession
- MGMT13-305 Human Resource Management
- MKTG11-100 Marketing
- Alternate Choice: You must complete one of the following two subjects:
Business Major (6)
Students must select one (1) major from the following list. Business majors.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- International Business
- Marketing communication
- Tourism Management
A list of Majors and Minors is available here
Law Electives (7)
Students must choose undergraduate law electives from the Faculty of Law’s offerings.
Students may choose to complete an optional Law specialisation in one of the following areas:
- Canadian Law and Practice
- Contemporary Legal Issues
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- International and Comparative Law
- Legal Innovation and Technology
- Legal Practice
To be eligible for a Law specialisation, students must complete a minimum of four (4) of their law electives (40 credit points) within one of the above areas. Eligible students will receive a Specialisation Certificate at the completion of their program.
Bachelor of Laws with Honours
Students may be eligible for Honours. Please see the Law Honours / Distinction information page for eligibility requirements.
- Students can choose 30 Credit Points of General Elective Subjects (30cp).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
View the Program structure and sequence plans for all semesters of commencement.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The following opportunities are also available to Bond Business School students.
- BUSN13-730: Business School International Semester
Students will be undertaking study at approved overseas institutes offering an international internship experience program, facilitating both academic study courses and practical industry internship placement
- Bond International Exchange Program
Current Bond students have the opportunity to study at one of 80+ leading universities in our network of exclusive international partnerships, for one or two semesters.
Important note for first semester students
You will be registered in the Bond Business Mentoring Program, designed for all new undergraduate students. Please be advised that the first gathering is scheduled during the Bond Business School orientation. If you require further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $15,560* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $171,160
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Entry score for 2021 entry
|Min ATAR||Min OP||Min IB|
Visit our Bond Business School student profile and Faculty of Law student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2020.
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
2021 Year 12 Entry
To ensure students are not disadvantaged by the COVID-19 pandemic, current Year 12 students can be assessed now for a guaranteed offer for 2021 entry conditional on the completion of Year 12. Applications will be assessed based on their first semester Year 12 results and meeting any subject prerequisite requirements for their program. Find out more.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
The Bachelor of Laws is an approved degree for the purposes of admission as a legal practitioner in all Australian jurisdictions, in conjunction with further study (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) or a traineeship. The Bachelor of Laws degree can also be used to apply for admission internationally.
The Bachelor of Laws prepares graduates to pursue careers in the public or private sector, such as solicitors, barristers, government lawyers, in-house counsel, judge's associates, academics or business leaders. Bond Law graduates are employed in top tier law firms throughout Australia and overseas, including Canada, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Scandinavia, Singapore, United Kingdom and USA.
Students are always advised to confirm admission requirements in the particular jurisdiction in which they wish to practise.
The Bachelor of Business is a broad-based qualification accepted nationally and internationally by leading employers in a wide range of corporate disciplines. Graduates often attain roles in:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Public Relations