Nicole is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Acting Internship Coordinator and teaches into several subjects across the Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice Program.
Nicole has 15 years' experience in the public health sector working across tertiary, regional and community-based settings. Although she has worked with patients and families across the lifespan, she feels most at home as a paediatric dietitian. Nicole has published research in infant feeding practices and paediatric malnutrition and presented in statewide and national forums on paediatric-related dietetic practice. Her other professional interest is teaching and training; she has recently held senior leadership roles in clinical education for Queensland Health, managing and delivering education programs across dietetics and allied health.
Nicole is also a lifelong learner, and alongside her teaching role is completing her PhD to co-create a paediatric dietetic competency framework with patients, families and caregivers. Her greatest joy lies in assisting students (our future workforce!) along their learning journey by sharing her stories, experiences and knowledge.
- Dietitians Australia
- NUTR71-700 Professional Placement Internship - Medical Nutrition Therapy 1
- NUTR71-701 Professional Placement Internship - Medical Nutrition Therapy 2
- NUTR71-703 Professional Placement Internship – Community and Public Health Nutrition
- NUTR71-702 – Professional Placement Internship – Food Service Management
- NUTR71-117 Management and Leadership for Nutrition Professionals
- BHSc (Nutrition and Dietetics)(Hons) , Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Education , The University of Melbourne