Kristen MacKenzie-Shalders is an accredited practicing dietitian, advanced sports dietitian and accredited sports scientist with an interest in promoting health and performance through good nutrition and exercise. She has worked for ~15 years in the industry with experience in key areas including food service management, research, private practice and food industry consulting. She has regularly consulted to elite sporting teams and state and national sporting bodies.
Kristen has consistently worked in a university setting teaching food service dietetics, nutrition science, sports nutrition, nutrition and physical activity and communication. Her research and academic interests include food service management, nutrition methodology and assessment, energy and protein metabolism and applied/behavioural sports nutrition. She has an increasing passion for research in behavioural nutrition, nutrition education, environmental sustainability and culinary nutrition.
- Sports Dietitians Australia
- Dietitians Association of Australia
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia
- B App Sci (HMS), Queensland University of Technology
- B Hlth Sci (Nut & Dietetics), Queensland University of Technology
- Doctor of Philosophy, Queensland University of Technology