Prof Jenny Doust
- Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine
Since graduating as a medical practitioner in 1993, Professor Jenny Doust has forged a high profile career combining her academic interests in evidence-based medicine, healthcare decision making and general practice.
In addition to lecturing in subjects relevant to evidence-based care and general practice, Dr Doust has conducted extensive research into a wide range of diagnostic related issues and has received numerous grants through NHMRC and other institutes.
As a result, she has authored and co-authored reports, book chapters, editorials and articles in peer-reviewed journals, recording an exceptionally high rate of citations.
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee
- Economic Sub-Committee of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee
- Working Group for Cochrane Collaboration Systematic Review of Diagnostic Test Accuracy
- National Prescribing Service Diagnostic Test Expert Advisory Panel
Jennifer has experience in teaching both small and large group sessions and in teaching undergraduates, post-graduates and practicing clinicians at workshops for professional development.
- Graduate Diploma of Clinical Epidemiology, Newcastle University
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Flinders University
- Bachelor of Economics, UWA
- Bachelor of Arts, Curtin University
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, RACGP
- PhD, University of Queensland