This subject is the first of two Professional Practice subjects designed to prepare students to become competent and ethical Exercise Scientists. Students will be provided with an opportunity to apply their knowledge, skills and attributes within a supervised internal practicum experience. Students will be introduced to professional industry standards, expectations and behaviours. Furthermore, they will investigate graduate career opportunities and pathways, employability skills and the professional graduate employment application process. This subject aims to provide students with the confidence to interact with exercise and sports science industry professionals, clients and athletes in order to achieve their stated goals.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Communicate effectively using both verbal and nonverbal strategies.
2. Describe and apply the ESSA Code of Professional Conduct and Ethical Practice.
3. Define and apply the scope of practice related to graduate employability within the Exercise and Sports Science industries.
4. Identify and implement strategies to minimise the risk associated with the professional practice of exercise science.
5. Apply exercise and sports science concepts and skills in a work context.
6. Assist clients to meet their goals through the integration and application of the exercise science curriculum.
7. Administer, interpret and evaluate health and fitness assessments.
8. Undertake critical reflection of professional practice within the exercise and sports science industry.
Restricted to the program as this subject has compliance requirements aligned to placement
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|