This is a compulsory subject for the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (ONLINE) which covers the compulsory practice area of “Property Law Practice”.
The aim of this subject is to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge required to convey, lease and mortgage real property and provide general advice on standard matters arising under local government, planning, environmental or other legislation relating to land use.
|Faculty of Law|
- May 2021 [Standard Offering]
- September 2021 [Standard Offering]
- January 2022 [Standard Offering]
- May 2022 [Standard Offering]
- September 2022 [Standard Offering]
- January 2023 [Standard Offering]
- May 2023 [Standard Offering]
- September 2023 [Standard Offering]
- Commencing in 2021: $1,291
- Commencing in 2022: $1,305
1. Demonstrate the process to transfer title by drafting appropriate instruments giving consideration to execution, stamping and registration.
2. Evaluate a lease in a form allowed by law and describe matters relating to the lessor and lessee’s respective interests, execution, stamping and registration.
3. Advise on creating and releasing mortgages, reflecting the agreement between the grantor and grantee and protecting their respective interests.
4. Explain land use by identifying a planning scheme including other statutory provisions regulating the relevant use.
| Requisites: ? |
| Restrictions: ? |
- Study Abroad Students
- This subject is not available to students on US Financial Aid.
- Students on a Student Visa may be restricted from enrolment due to the mode of delivery in the chosen semester. Check the subject outline for further details.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.