This subject focuses on the interactive relationship between gender and communication in contemporary society. We examine how gender is created, maintained, and challenged across various individual, interpersonal, and institutional contexts, including close relationships, culture, media, education, and the workplace. Drawing on key theories and concepts to explain the functions and processes of gender and communication, the subject invites personal and critical reflection on aspects of identity, interaction, and experience.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between gender and communication.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of key theories, concepts, and controversies in the area of gender and communication.
3. Critically reflect on gender communication theory and research.
4. Apply acquired theoretical knowledge to real-world gender communication problems or practice.
5. Analyse gendered messages that we receive from media, schools, and other social institutions.
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|