This foundational subject introduces the Communication discipline and establishes the importance of communication to our personal and professional lives. The subject focuses on the knowledge and understanding of communication needed to succeed in industry - and indeed - life. We apply key models, theories, and concepts to a wide range of communication issues and contexts, including close relationships, gender and diversity, social media, persuasion, and organisational culture.
|Faculty of Society & Design|
- September 2021 [Standard Offering]
- January 2022 [Standard Offering]
- May 2022 [Standard Offering]
- September 2022 [Standard Offering]
- January 2023 [Standard Offering]
- May 2023 [Standard Offering]
- September 2023 [Standard Offering]
- Communication and Creative Media
- Commencing in 2021: $3,890
- Commencing in 2022: $3,950
1. Describe the communication discipline and articulate various career pathways for students of communication. 2. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of foundational communication theories, perspectives, principles, and concepts. 3. Apply acquired communication knowledge to a range of communication situations. 4. Reflect on the importance of communication in personal and professional contexts.
| Requisites: ? |
| Restrictions: ? |
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.