This subject explores architecture and its relationship to the natural environment to further the principles and values of sustainable design. Primary environmental design principles will be expanded to include observations of cities and their regions including cultural, societal, climatic and economic systems and challenges. A range of concepts and understanding in building science and climatic analysis will be introduced along with discussion around resilience, advanced passive systems, building skins and envelopes, materials and microclimates.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Develop critical and holistic thinking between ecological systems and architecture and urban regions.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the key values and principles of sustainable environmental design.
3. Develop enquiry, discussion and engagement with the complex issues of sustainability.
4. Develop effective presentation and communication skills.
5. Ability to work collaboratively and contribute constructively to a team environment.
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|