A professional career in finance start at Bond
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
This program is not available to domestic students. Please see Master of Finance.
According to the Financial Times, a Master of Finance is the “must-have degree” for those seeking professional specialist finance roles, including investment banking, asset management, and financial analysis. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Finance program with an additional 20-week professional portfolio component to ensure you get real-world experience before you graduate. Every student who achieves a GPA of 2.0 by their penultimate semester has the opportunity to complete an internship as part of this program.
Bond's Master of Finance prepares you for an executive career in finance, commercial banks, insurance sectors, property investment, superannuation funds, stockbrokers and corporate treasuries in just one year. You will also have the opportunity to gain Bloomberg certification and unlock your potential for more job opportunities in the financial industry. Students who have successfully completed cognate undergraduate programs may be eligible for advanced standing of up to 40 credit points towards the Master of Finance (Professional) program.
If seeking employment opportunities in Australia after graduation, then feel confident knowing upon successful completion you will meet the requirements for professional accreditation with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC). The Master of Finance has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program, the largest association of investment of professionals in the world, meaning students are well prepared for the CFA exams.
What our students say
- Learn in smaller classes
- Unparalleled access to Bond Business School's two financial trading rooms and 40 Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals
- Opportunity to experience global business environments with international Study Tours available within Asia, South-East Asia and Silicon Valley
- Recognised worldwide by the CFA Institute
About the program
The Master Finance (Professional) is a quantitatively rigorous program which integrates innovative subjects that highlight Bond’s excellence in experiential and case-based teaching. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Finance program with an additional 20-week Professional component. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Show more
The Master Finance (Professional) is a quantitatively rigorous program which integrates innovative subjects that highlight Bond’s excellence in experiential and case-based teaching. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Finance program with an additional 20-week Professional component. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. The Master of Finance (Professional) program’s small class sizes allow for personalised attention and unparalleled access to Bloomberg terminals and our two trading rooms. The program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, make ethical and responsible business decisions, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
Master of Finance (Professional) program comprises 13 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (6)
- FINC71-305 Derivative Products
- FINC71-318 Personal Investment
- FINC71-601 Corporate Finance
- FINC71-603 Investments
- FINC71-604 Capital Markets
- FINC71-607 International Financial Management
Directed Elective (4)
Choose 4 subjects from the list below
- ACCT71-202 Financial Accounting and Company Reporting
- ACCT71-306 Data Analytics for Accountants
- ACSC71-200 Mathematical Statistics
- ACSC71-201 Financial Mathematics
- BUSN71-310 Research Project
- ECON71-202 Macroeconomics
- FINC71-302 Finance Applications and Analysis
- FINC71-614 Mergers and Acquisitions
- STAT71-112 Quantitative Methods
Plus Professional subject (1)
(students must complete one (1) of the following subjects)
*Please note that the Professional Portfolio or Professional Development subject is a 20-week, 45-credit point subject and is taken in the last semester of the program once all other coursework subjects have been completed. The Career Development Centre will provide assistance in choosing the relevant professional subject prior to your last semester.
- Students can choose 2 General Elective Subjects (20CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee. Professional program fees include four standard full time semesters plus a final semester professional subject, which is charged at a different rate to a standard semester of coursework.
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2022: $67,910
- Students commencing study in 2023: $69,640
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the Master of Finance (Professional) requires the completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution, and completion of a subject deemed equivalent to either Fundamentals of Finance or Managerial Finance with a credit grade within the last seven years.
The Master of Finance (Professional) program is a specialist program for people interested in pursuing a career in finance. It is designed to provide an opportunity for students with undergraduate training in other fields to gain a body of knowledge that is closely tied to the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
The Master of Finance (Professional) will provide a pathway to a professional career with financial sector employers including:
- Commercial Banks
- Insurance Companies
- Merchant and Investment Banks
- Superannuation Funds